Re: What is the Purpose of GPIO Controller.

From: krishna
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 09:30:32 EST

Hi Ian,

Thank you very much.
My doubt is,
I have a board here where all lines to the peripherals are highly multiplexed and
I had to configure these lines. Now my Wireless Ethernet Driver has a conflict with
the audiocodec driver. What I mean is, if I load the WLAN driver and try to load the
audiocodec driver next, the audiocodec driver is not responding.

I traced the bug to be sharing of GPIO Lines.

Form your mail I understand GPIO controller serves some Hardware designers purpose.
But what _purpose_ is it serving a _programmer_.

Regards,
Krishna Chaitanya