Re: PATCH: Address lots of pending pm_message_t changes

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 16:36:06 EST

Hi!

> This patch is a conglomeration of about 5 patches that complete (I
> think!) the work of switching over to pm_message_t. Most of this work
> was done by Bernard Blackham, some by me, some by Pavel I think (I was
> out of action for part of the development). I believe it needs to go in
> before 2.6.11 in order to avoid compilation warnings and errors. The
> code has been in use by Suspend2 users for around three weeks. Please
> apply.
>
> Pavel and Bernard, can you review and give your signoff?

Changes that change no code (u32 -> pm_message_t) are okay with me;
anything changing code (.event) has to wait after 2.6.11.

Andrew, if you get one big patch doing only type-safety (u32 ->
pm_message_t, no code changes), would you still take it this late? I
promise it is not going to break anything... It would help merge after
2.6.11 quite a lot...
Pavel