RE: [BK] upgrade will be needed

From: Martin Fouts
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 16:21:52 EST

I don't believe a non-compete clause accomplishes your goal, as I've
recently written. On the other hand, a "don't reverse engineer and
don't allow your copy to be used to reverse engineer" clause does.

The "no reverse" clause is pretty common and difficult to argue against.
The non-compete clause is probably not enforcable and looks like
restraint of trade.

Marty