SL811 problem on mach-pxa

From: Frank Buss
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 14:04:19 EST

I've tried to configure the SL811 driver with 2.6.11 for mach-pxa
platform, but it doesn't work: The hub was recognized, but no device
(I've tested it with a USB mouse and keyboard). The hub is visible in
proc/bus/usb after mounting it.

I've tried to find the bug, but perhaps I'm wrong. This is what I've
found:

For me it looks like the SL11H_INTMASK_INSRMV interupt in
drivers/usb/host/sl811-hcd.c is not enabled. In other drivers it looks
like it is enabled in the start function, like in ohci-pxa27x.c in
pxa27x_start_hc. After adding a port_power(sl811, 1) call at the end of
sl811h_start at least the driver gets the interupt, if a mouse is
connected: it crashes in the "start" function, because ep->hep is NULL. I
fixed this by setting ep->hep=hep in sl811h_urb_enqueue. But the driver
still doesn't work. Now it doesn't crash, but I'll get some errors and
the device is not recognized.

What can I do to find the problem? I wonder if the driver is working at
all. In Linux 2.4 the driver worked on the same hardware, but looks like
the driver in Linux 2.6 is rewritten from scratch. But I'm really lost
when it comes to kernel programming, so maybe it is trivial to fix the
problem and it is no driver bug.

Another question (perhaps this is related to my problem): Where do I have
to provide the sl811_platform_data data and what values and functions are
needed?

--
Frank Buß, fb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx