Re: [BK] upgrade will be needed

From: Juergen Stuber
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 13:56:32 EST

Hi Larry,

lm@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Larry McVoy) writes:
> The protection we need is that people don't get to
>
> - use BK
> - stop using BK so they can go work on another system
> - start using BK again
> - stop using BK so they can go work on another system
>
> We could say that if you stop using BK and work on another system then
> you can't ever use it again. We're not going to do that, we've already
> had to calm the fears of people who found themselves in that situation
> for their job.

how about something akin to
'You can only use the non-paying version of BK
if you haven't worked on another SCM-system in the last year.'

So if I stop using BK, I can immediately start working on another SCM
but I can't go back to BK immediately.

That would be much more acceptable to me, I know what I did in the past,
but I won't accept any restriction of what I can do in the future.

There would still be a problem of what to do if I get addicted to BK.

JÃrgen

--
NO to the planned nodding through of the EU software patent directive!

JÃrgen Stuber <juergen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.jstuber.net/
gnupg key fingerprint = 2767 CA3C 5680 58BA 9A91 23D9 BED6 9A7A AF9E 68B4