Re: 2.6.11-rc3-mm2

From: Olaf Dietsche
Date: Sat Feb 12 2005 - 17:44:25 EST

Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 02:35:08AM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
>>
>> - Added the mlock and !SCHED_OTHER Linux Security Module for the audio guys.
>> It seems that nothing else is going to come along and this is completely
>> encapsulated.
>
> Even if we accept a module that grants capabilities to groups this isn't fine
> yet because it only supports two specific capabilities (and even those two in
> different ways!) instead of adding generic support to bind capabilities to
> groups.

Unless I misunderstood the code, this one is available for
quite some time: <http://www.olafdietsche.de/linux/accessfs/>
or a newer, self-contained version <http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/1/11/221>

Or you could use a real solution - filesystem capabilities:
<http://www.olafdietsche.de/linux/capability/> and if you don't like
this one :-), there's also an alternative existing here:
<http://www.stanford.edu/~luto/linux-fscap/>

Regards, Olaf.