Re: 2.6.9 & 2.6.10 unresponsive to keyboard upon bootup

From: Roey Katz
Date: Sat Feb 12 2005 - 12:53:11 EST

Hello again Dmitry,

is there anything new about this issue? any fixes in the kernel?
If you want, I can continue doing the test/debug cycle as before.

Roey

Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 22:42:51 -0500
From: Dmitry Torokhov <dtor_core@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Roey Katz <roey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 2.6.9 & 2.6.10 unresponsive to keyboard upon bootup

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 10:19 pm, Roey Katz wrote:
Dmitry,

I have placed the results of the patched 2.6.9-rc2-bk2 kernel at the
following address:

http://roey.freeshell.org/mystuff/kernel/*-20050112

As expected, the system was unresponsive to keyboard input.

And what if you do not compile PS/2 mouse support in? Is keyboard still
dead?

Regarding your mouse question:
How do I test the mouse if they keyboard does not work (is there some
way to output the contents of /dev/psaux on startup? I'm not sure anymore
what file the mouse data appears in, too)

Install GPM and try moving your mouse after booting into runlevel 3 -
if cursor moves mouse works.

--
Dmitry