Re: 2.6.11-rc3-bk9 hangs hard my laptop

From: Alessandro Suardi
Date: Sat Feb 12 2005 - 11:01:33 EST

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:49:05 +0100, Alessandro Suardi
<alessandro.suardi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dell Latitude C640, PIV @1.8Ghz, 1GB RAM, uptodate FC2
>
> -bk7 (which I currently rebooted in) is okay.
> -bk9 at first try got me to the login prompt, logged in, ran startx...
> frozen with the black background before seeing anything.
>
> Second try hung well before, at the point where it switches the
> radeonfb on.
>
> Only cure is to keep the power button pressed for 10".
>
> Will try building -bk8 (which is currently running on my
> old desktop K7-800) and report...

-bk8 which I'm now booted in is also OK, so something
broke between -bk8 and -bk9... attached .config and
/var/log/messages from the boot in -bk8 and the one
in -bk9 which succeeded before hanging on startx.

Thanks in advance,

--alessandro

"There is no distance that I don't see
I do have a will - No limit to my reach"

(Wallflowers, "Empire In My Mind")