Re: out-of-line x86 "put_user()" implementation

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 21:08:33 EST

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, Chuck Ebbert wrote:

> And in any case is it too much to ask for an 80-column limit? ;)

Yes. Dammit, especially for something like this, the long-line version is
just _so_ much more readable. Compare my and your version wrt being able
to tell what the differences between the four different cases are.

In the single-long-line version, the differences are trivially visible. In
the "prettified" version (aka "I'm still living in the 60's, and proud of
it" version), it's impossible to pick out the differences.

If you don't like long lines, use a helper #define for the common part or
something.

Linus