Re: 2.6.11-rc3-mm2

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 00:09:20 EST

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 22:41 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> [ the best solution is .... ]
>
> [ my preferred solution is ... ]
>
> [ it would be better if ... ]
>
> [ this is a kludge and it should be done instead like ... ]
>
> did nobody read what andrew wrote and what JOQ pointed out?
>
> after weeks of debating this, no other conceptual solution emerged
> that did not have at least as many problems as the RT LSM module, and
> all other proposed solutions were also more invasive of other aspects
> of kernel design and operations than RT LSM is.

Sure, it is quick and easy. Suits some. At least I do prefer
this to altering the semantics of realtime scheduling.

I can't say much about it because I'm not putting my hand up to
do anything. Just mentioning that rlimit would be better if not
for the userspace side of the equation. I think most were already
agreed on that point anyway though.

Nick