Re: [RFC] Linux Kernel Subversion Howto

From: d.c
Date: Thu Feb 10 2005 - 14:38:12 EST

El Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:22:39 +0100 (CET),
Roman Zippel <zippel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> To remind you the main problem was and is still, that the kernel history
> is locked into bk. At this point I'm not really sure, whether all bk user
> realize this, as you constantly try to distract them with random

Yes, it's locked, so?

Roman, You are losing lot of time discussing this. What you need to do is to talk
with bk USERS. Larry has no influence in people's decisions, and people has
chosen BK and they know very well what they were doing.

If everyone at lkml agreed that it's neccesary to use a tool which exports 100% of
the kernel history to develop the kernel, and BK users would tell larry "we need this
feature or we will stop using BK" you'd get what you want in a jiffie.