Re: Real-Time Preemption and UML?

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Feb 08 2005 - 16:45:59 EST

* Esben Nielsen <simlo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Now I don't really know who I am responding to. But both up()s now
> changed to complete()s are in something looking very much like an
> interrupt handler. But again, as I said, I didn't analyze the code in
> detail, I just made it compile and checked that it worked in bare
> 2.6.11-rc2 UML - which I am not too sure how to set up and use to
> begin with!

btw., UML is really easy to begin with: after you've compiled you get a
'linux' binary in the toplevel directory - just execute it via './linux'
and you'll see a Linux kernel booting - that's all you need!

Add a filesystem image via a root= parameter to that command and the UML
kernel will start booting that filesystem image. (if you are adventurous
you can even boot a real partition, but for the first user this is
strongly discouraged.) There are a number of UML-ready filesystem images
downloadable from the net.

Ingo