Marvell Yukon 2 PCI Express 88E8050 is not support in the EXPERIMENTALskge driver

From: maxer1
Date: Tue Feb 08 2005 - 01:23:54 EST

The description in kernel 2.6.11-rc3-mm1 make for the skge driver states the following:

"*New SysKonnect GigaEthernet support (EXPERIMENTAL) (SKGE)

This driver support the Marvell Yukon or SysKonnect SK-98xx/SK-95xx
and related Gigabit Ethernet adapters. It is a new smaller driver
driver with better performance and more complete ethtool support.

It does not support the link failover and network management
features that "portable" vendor supplied sk98lin driver does.* "

What makes my PCI Express mobo with on board 04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 17)
*not *supported by skge driver is that it is a NEW generation driver Marvell Yukon 2.

I have SysKonnect's sk98lin driver working for me under a custom built 2.6.9 kernel using SysKonnect's driver version 7.09 patched in the kernel.

The motherboard I'm using is a new Intel D915GEV. The specs on the lan show as:

Gigabit (10/100/1000 Mbits/sec) LAN subsystem using the Marvel* Yukon* 88E8050 PCI Express* Gigabit Ethernet Controller.

Don't try this Stephen's skge driver with this, it isn't supported.

RaXeT