Re: [ANNOUNCE] "iswraid" (ICHxR ataraid sub-driver) for 2.4.29

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Sun Feb 06 2005 - 09:52:10 EST

> I consider it not a new feature, but a missing feature, since otherwise
> user data cannot be accessed in the RAID setups.

the same is true for all new hardware drivers and hardware support
patches. And for new DRM (since new X may need it) and new .. and
new ... where is the line?

for me a deep maintenance mode is about keeping existing stuff working;
all new hw support and derivative hardware support (such as this) can be
pointed at the new stable series... which has been out for quite some
time now..