Memory Stick read-only in 2.6.10

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 09:27:13 EST

I upgraded a system from 2.4.19 (or so) to 2.6.10. Using a USB memory stick reader one, and only one, stick is now read-only.
- I can't go back, this was a backup/reinstall upgrade
- it doesn't happen on Win98
- it doesn't happen on WinXPhome
- it doesn't happen on OSX
- it doesn't happen in the camera
- it doesn't happen with four other sticks bought at the same time
and used in the same camera

Out of the box FC2 + 2.6.10 built from kernel.org source.

Before I start playing with the drivers and all, is there a known oddity in this area which I missed searching?

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)