Re: 2.4.29, e100 and a WOL packet causes keventd going mad

From: David Härdeman
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 15:33:26 EST

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 01:24:31PM -0200, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 08:23:47PM -0800, Bukie Mabayoje wrote:
Scott Feldman wrote:
David, would you give this patch a try? Make sure the system still
wakes from a magic packet if suspended or shut down, and doesn't cause
kacpid to go crazy if system is running. If it helps for 2.6, perhaps
someone can look into 2.4 to see if there is something similar going on

This issue was reported on 2.4.

Can any of you guys test v2.6, please?

I tried the second patch provided by Scott on a 2.6.10 kernel, I did some minor tweaks to get it to apply (changed pci_choose_state() and PCI_D0 back to the way they were in 2.6.10) and tested the results five minutes ago.

It works great, I havent tried suspending the machine cause I have no need for that functionality. I have however started the machine via WOL (works), sent WOL-packet to the machine when powered on (nothing happends - kacpid doesn't go wild, works), shutdown (works without the machine spontaneously rebooting).

So everything seems to be fixed by the patch (save for suspending which I didn't test).

Thanks alot, I hope the patch will be in the next stable 2.6 kernel.

Regards,
David