Re: 2.6.10: SPARC64 mapped figure goes unsignedly negative...

From: Nix
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 10:33:32 EST

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Hugh Dickins suggested tentatively:
> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, Nix wrote:
>> /proc/meminfo on my UltraSPARC IIi:
>> Mapped: 18446744073687883208 kB
>>
>> (This kernel is compiled with GCC-3.4.3, which might be relevant.)
>
> Indeed: sparc64 gcc-3.4 seems to be having trouble with that
> since 2.6.9: we've been persuing it offlist, I'll factor you in.

Excellent; thank you!

(2.6.10 seems to *run* perfectly well on that box, for what it's worth;
unless this is a symptom of some underlying dark and terrible failure,
it looks like a not-very-important cosmetic bug.)

--
`Blish is clearly in love with language. Unfortunately,
language dislikes him intensely.' --- Russ Allbery