Accept filtering

From: Arun C Murthy
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 07:58:30 EST

Hi,

While browsing through apache core features, I came across accept_filtering in FreeBSD - via accf_http which places a filter on a socket (setsockopt - SO_ACCEPTFILTER) which prevents the application from receiving the connected descriptor via *accept* until either a full HTTP/1.0 or HTTP/1.1 HEAD or GET request has been buffered by the kernel.

Is there any equivalent for this in Linux? I only came across TCP_DEFER_ACCEPT option which only waits till the client sends an ACK back to server && first packet of data is recieved (accf_data on FreeBSD)...

...if there ain't this functionality any tips on how to go about implementing it?

thanks,
Arun