RE: [Discuss][i386] Platform SMIs and their interferance with tsc based delay calibration

From: Pallipadi, Venkatesh
Date: Sat Jan 29 2005 - 09:41:46 EST

Agreed. Actually, I was doing that earlier, with each retry
calibrating for 1 HZ. But, once I moved to 10 HZ, I removed the retires.

>The message is too obscure too to be usable and needs
>more explanation.

I will try to improve the message in next revision of the patch.

>And also in case the platforms in questions support EM64T
>x86-64 would need to be changed too :)

Yes. I will send out a patch for x86-64 too, once the i386 patch
gets finalized. I wanted to have a shorted patch reviewed first :).

Thanks,
Venki