Re: panic in raid1_end_write_request

From: Norman Gaywood
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 17:58:36 EST

Thanks Mark,

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 04:34:01PM -0600, Mark Rustad wrote:
> I used to get these running SuSE SLES 9 and also with a variety of
> kernel.org kernels. The crash was triggered by a media error on a
> RAID1.

Were there any media errors logged? My system does not log any such errors.

> A patch that I got from SuSE fixed it for me. The patch is below
> your message excerpt.

That looks like the "bio clone memory corruption" patch which is
supposed to be in 2.6.10-1.747_FC3smp via 2.6.10-ac10 being included in
that kernel.

I was hoping that would solve my problem as well, but it didn't.

--
Norman Gaywood, Systems Administrator
School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science

norm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Phone: +61 (0)2 6773 2412
http://turing.une.edu.au/~norm Fax: +61 (0)2 6773 3312