Re: 2.6.10-mm1-V0.7.34-01 ACPI err in dmesg

From: Randy.Dunlap
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 12:30:30 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
* Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Normal zone: 225280 pages, LIFO batch:16
HighMem zone: 32752 pages, LIFO batch:7
DMI 2.2 present.
__iounmap: bad address c00f0000 <-why?
ACPI: RSDP (v000 Nvidia ) @ 0x000f7220

I have no idea what is causing this. If it still occurs with recent
kernels then stick a WARN_ON(1) into __iounmap()'s error path, to get a
stack dump? It is almost certainly not related to -RT.

There was a thread a few weeks ago about this same message (afaik).
The answer then was something like "the __iounmap() call is happening
very early, before the unmap machinery (data/structs) have been
set up for it." (but I don't know that first-hand, just repeating
close to what I read.)

--
~Randy