Re: AT keyboard dead on 2.6

From: Christian
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 11:48:54 EST

Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 04:27:53PM +0100, Wiktor wrote:

Hi,

my AT keyboard is dead on 2.6 series. Tests on other machines proves that this is my-hardware-specyfic problem (exacly the same binnary works on different mainboards with PS/2 keyboard and another AT keyboard). 2.4 series works correctly. On 2.6 kernel seems to not hear what keyboard wants to tell him (eg. atkbd.reset preforms keyboard reset but reports error). Were any hadrware-handling changes made since 2.4? If so, how to undo them and make keyboard alive? I'm grateful for any help.
Please try i8042.noaux=1. You say you're using a serial mouse in your
other e-mail, so the system may not have an AUX port yet the kernel
thinks it does. This may cause the keyboard to stop responding.

fyi, there is a thread going on on linuxppc-dev regarding a similiar looking issue: http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2005-January/018321.html
someone suggested booting with atkbd.reset=0, maybe the problems are somehow related? what exact kernel version are you using, Wiktor?

Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #20:

divide-by-zero error