Error : kernel error when obj-m is replaced with obj-y

From: selvakumar nagendran
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 04:16:16 EST

Hi,
I included my module into the main kernel object
file by modifying the top Makefile i.e obj-y magic.
Now, when I reboot the system the module works. But in
the new hardware detection phase, X server and other
applications failed. The kernel prompted to repair the
file system and to reboot the system. The file system
was opened as a readonly file system. How can I get
rid of this? My module intercepts some syscalls in
kernel 2.4.28.

Thanks in advance and regards,
selva