Re: [ANN] removal of certain net drivers coming soon: eepro100, xircom_tulip_cb, iph5526

From: Lennert Buytenhek
Date: Thu Jan 27 2005 - 19:55:40 EST

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 12:14:30AM +0000, Russell King wrote:

> The fact of the matter is that eepro100.c works on ARM, e100.c doesn't.

Hmmm, I recall e100 working fine on a Radisys ENP-2611, which has a
IXP2400 (xscale) in big-endian mode, running 2.6. This particular
board had its root fs NFS-mounted and pumped several hundreds of
gigabytes through the NIC during a period of at least a few months,
and I never saw any problems.

Something tells me that the next time I try it, it won't work at all.

--L