2.6.9: hd?: dma_intr: error=0xd7 --> ide: failed opcode was: unknown

From: Martin Weißenborn
Date: Thu Jan 27 2005 - 16:06:48 EST

Hello,

running stock 2.6.9 with IDE UDMA(33) disk drive, kernel wrote:

hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }

hda: dma_intr: error=0xd7 { DriveStatusError BadCRC UncorrectableError
SectorIdNotFound TrackZeroNotFound AddrMarkNotFound }, CHS=1157/0/130,
sector=30901687

ide: failed opcode was: unknown

two times in a second to syslogd, simultaneously seemingly all I/O
freezed with hdd status LED lid. After approximately two minutes of
waiting I rebooted with fsck correcting few i_blocks, i_sizes errors.
No further incidents followed.

The questions I were not able to find answers myself for are:

- Could that error be related to bad RAM DIMMs?
- Could it be a direct failure of my hdd?
- Should I be aware of dying hardware?

A CC'ed reply would be really great. ^.^

Thanks in advance,
Martin Weißenborn