Re: i8042 access timings

From: Jaco Kroon
Date: Thu Jan 27 2005 - 12:40:01 EST

Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 12:12:23PM +0100, Sebastian Piechocki wrote:

Dnia czwartek, 27 stycznia 2005 11:25, Vojtech Pavlik napisał:

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 08:23:07AM +0200, Jaco Kroon wrote:

Sebastian Piechocki wrote:

As I said I'm sending you mails from kernel masters:)

Thanks.

If you haven't such a problem, please send them your dmesg with
i8042.debug and acpi=off.

I made an alternative plan. I applied a custom patch that gives me
far less output and prevents scrolling and gets what I hope is what
is required.

... could you just increase the timeout value to some insane amount?
That should take care of the AUX_LOOP output getting back only after
issuing the next command.

Increasing the timeout doesn't help. I've increased timout ten times and the result is the same.

OK, in that case the BIOS i8042 emulation just interferes badly with the
real i8042 and I doubt we can do much else than keep the BIOS from
interfering.

And just how do we do that?

--
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world,
http://www.kroon.co.za/