Re: [BUG] 2.6.11-rc2 ALSA

From: Takashi Iwai
Date: Thu Jan 27 2005 - 06:03:31 EST

At Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:20:26 +0100,
Biker wrote:

> Hello list,
> after upgrading to 2.6.11-rc2 my soundcard doesn't work anymore:
>
> I get this message during initialization of ALSA:
>
> /usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:805: warning: name mismatch (External
> Amplifier/Headphone Jack Sense) for control #26

Your init script should use -F option with alsactl.

> The soundcard is integrated on my thinkpad centrino notebook (R50), lspci
> reports this:

It's a known problem (happening mostly on thinkpads).
Turning off 'Headphone Jack Sense' and 'Line Jack Sense' mixer
switches should fix it.

> Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M)
> AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 01)
>
> If I boot back to 2.6.10 the PCM control has the volume set to zero, but
> readjusting it to a normal value brings everything back to normal.

This is because alsactl once aborted, the uninitialized state was
saved at the reboot and that wrong state was restored again.
The failure of init script.

Takashi