Lousing interrupt with Geode

From: Xose Manuel Fernandez Lorenzo
Date: Wed Jan 26 2005 - 22:24:34 EST

I have a IAC-H553 Board with a NS Geode Low-Power CPU:

Working around Cyrix MediaGX virtual DMA bugs.
Enable Memory-Write-back mode on Cyrix/NSC processor.
Enable Memory access reorder on Cyrix/NSC processor.
Enable Incrementor on Cyrix/NSC processor.
CPU: After all inits, caps: 00808131 00818131 00000000 00000001
CPU: Cyrix Geode(TM) Integrated Processor by National Semi stepping 02
Checking 'hlt' instruction... OK.

with a chipset CS5530A Geode.

I have also a Digital Input Output card, and I have develop a board to
generate an interrupt when and input change.

This has been working under MS-DOS properly, but in Linux i lose some
interrupt (I do not get my isr routine called and in /proc/interrupts
the counter do not increment).

If I use the same Digital Input Output card whit another CPU and linux
everithing work property.

Have someone find the same problem with Geode?

I use the kernel 2.6.5 from debian with Preemtive.

I am nos suscribe to the kernel list, so please response also to my
email.

Thanks in advance