Re: don't let mmap allocate down to zero

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Wed Jan 26 2005 - 22:00:04 EST

linux-os wrote:

Does this mean that we can't mmap the screen regen buffer at
0x000b8000 anymore?

How do I look at the real-mode interrupt table starting at
offset 0? You know that the return value of mmap is to be
checked for MAP_FAILED, not for NULL, don't you?

Can't you still map those physical addresses to other virtual addresses?

What 'C' standard do you refer to? Seg-faults on null pointers
have nothing to do with the 'C' standard and everything to
do with the platform.

I believe the ISO/IEC 9899:1999 C Standard explicitly states that dereferencing a null pointer with the unary * operator results in undefined behavior.

Chris