Re: 2.6.11-rc2-mm1: SuperIO scx200 breakage

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Wed Jan 26 2005 - 21:01:21 EST

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 01:12:34PM +0000, Russell King wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 10:14:34AM +0000, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > That's simply not true. The amount of patches submitted is extremly
> > huge and the reviewers don't have time to look at everythning.
> >
> > If no one replies it simply means no one has looked at it in enough
> > detail to comment yet.
>
> How do people get to know this? Grape vines and crystal balls are
> inherently unreliable.

If someone had looked and considered it good he'd have replied and
said that. Simple ACK/NACK scheme - if neither returns consider it
lost.

> So, if the community has a problem with enough time to review patches,
> the community must get more (good) patch reviewers. We can't go around
> blaming the patch submitters for a community failing.

Absolutely. I think the major problem is that no one pays people for
doing reviews so this is purely a spare-time job. And that spare time
is limited due to real life issues for most people.