Re: [ANNOUNCE] inotify 0.18

From: Robert Love
Date: Wed Jan 26 2005 - 19:39:30 EST

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 16:29 -0500, Mike Waychison wrote:

> How about inotify hold on to the nameidata until it is sure to have
> updated the watches? That way, the inode will be seen by
> inotify_super_block_umount when called by generic_shutdown_super.

I was chatting with John as soon as Al pointed out the problem and
suggested we look at something like this. I am glad you were able to
crank it out so readily. Thank you!

Barring a more elegant solution, I think just holding nameidata down
until the watches are added is the way to go. We will test this and
then merge it into the next patch.

Thanks,

Robert Love