Re: BUG: 2.6.11-rc2 and -rc1 hang during boot on PowerMacs

From: Sylvain Munaut
Date: Wed Jan 26 2005 - 19:18:02 EST

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 11:43 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

I know about this problem, I'm working on a proper fix. Thanks for your
report.

Can you send me the PVR value for both of these CPUs
(cat /proc/cpuinfo) ? I can't find right now why they would lock up
unless the default idle loop is _not_ run properly, that is for some
reason, NAP or DOZE mode end up not beeing enabled. Can you send me
your .config as well ?

Note that when CONFIG_BDI_SWITCH is set, they both end up disabled
because nap & doze seems to perturb the BDI on some cores.

So there is a problem in that case ....

Finally, try that patch and tell me if it makes a difference.

Yup
- Without it hangs (not really, it's still half running but serial output is stuck
due to no interrupts)
- With it it works

Sylvain