Re: 2.6.11-rc2-mm1: SuperIO scx200 breakage

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Wed Jan 26 2005 - 18:43:26 EST

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 01:59:17PM +0300, Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 10:14 +0000, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 01:35:56AM +0300, Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
> > > I have one rule - if noone answers that it means noone objects,
> > > or it is not interesting for anyone, and thus noone objects.
> >
> > That's simply not true. The amount of patches submitted is extremly
> > huge and the reviewers don't have time to look at everythning.
> >
> > If no one replies it simply means no one has looked at it in enough
> > detail to comment yet.
>
> That is why I resent it several times.
> Then I asked for inclusion.
>
> I never send it to lkml just because simple static/non static + module
> name
> discussion in lkml already overflowed into more than 20 messages...

Your opinion on some things are different than the opinions of other
people on some issues. That's normal.

Then a discussion arises.
That's normal and part of a review of some code.
E.g. the "module name discussion" covered a real problem.

Be it 1 email or be it 100 emails - the main point is simply that all
code in the kernel should be as good as possible and as near as possible
to kernel standards.

The Linux kernel is a big project with _many_ people involved.
I've also had people telling me that this or that I sent in a patch was
nonsense. That's normal (and a criticism of your code is not meant as a
personal insult) and leads to better code in the kernel.

> Evgeniy Polyakov

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.