Re: Linux 2.6.11-rc2

From: David Brownell
Date: Tue Jan 25 2005 - 13:58:08 EST

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 10:35 am, David Ford wrote:
> PMTU bug -- or better said, bad firewall admin who blocks all ICMP.

PMTU bug, sure -- but one that came late in RC2. Remember: same firewall
in both cases, but only RC2 breaks. The ICMP packet has landed in
the RC2 system, which ignores it. 2.6.10 handled it correctly... I
suspect one of the TCP cleanups borked this.

My current workaround is "ifconfig eth0 mtu 1492" but that's not
something I'd expect to keep.

- Dave