Re: kernel CVS troubles with cvsps

From: Catalin Marinas
Date: Tue Jan 25 2005 - 12:15:55 EST

Andrea Arcangeli <andrea@xxxxxxx> writes:
> sorry to annoy you about this, but something is going wrong with either
> cvsps or the kernel CVS.
>
> I reproducibly get this as the last changeset, note the date. The
> --bkcvs breaks completely too, but that would be a minor issue since
> cvsps by default will get it right from the dates that are atomic with
> the bk2cvs conversion.

I noticed this problem some time ago when trying to see whether the
darcs repository is consistent with the BK one:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=110026570201544&w=2

A solution is to use the "(Logical change ...)" string within each
file's commit log instead of the date (I realised that it is simpler
to write a shell script to generate the diffs rather than modifying
cvsps).

Catalin