Re: patch to enable Nvidia v5336 on v2.6.11 kernel (was Re:inter_module_get and __symbol_get)

From: J.A. Magallon
Date: Tue Jan 25 2005 - 07:58:46 EST

On 2005.01.25, David Mosberger wrote:

> Keith> I have always hated the dynamic resolution model used by
> Keith> DRM/AGP and (originally) MTD.
>
> Well, the attached patch does the trick for me for Nvidia driver v5336
> on ia64. It compiles with a minimum amount of fuss with gcc v3.4
> (just a handful of warnings about deprecated pm_{un,}register() and
> inter_module_put()).

You can use the latest drivers (6629) with this patches:

http://www.minion.de/files/1.0-6629/

They work fine up to -rc2.

If you want to use the driver with -mm, you have to kill the support
for AGPGART in nvidia driver, add -DNOAGPGART to EXTRA_CFLAGS in the
makefile. It will require a big change to use the multi-agp patches
in -mm. But you are restricted to those AGPs supported by nvidia
(ah, and don't load any agp related module...).

Ah, just a ton of workarounds....

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()able!es> \ Software is like sex:
werewolf!able!es \ It's better when it's free