Re: RFC: use datacs is smc91x driver

From: Ian Campbell
Date: Tue Jan 25 2005 - 06:15:28 EST

On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 15:20 -0500, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > I'm not entirely happy with using the SMC_*_RESOURCE defines to find the
> > correct resources, but I don't think you can have a placeholder for the
> > attrib space at index 1 (when you don't have an attrib space) and still
> > have datacs at index 2.
>
> I don't like that either. Maybe the whole thing should be converted to
> use platform_get_resource_byname() ?

Ah, I hadn't seen this new function, it looks ideal. I'll work up
another that uses it and updates all the in tree drivers.

Are you happy with "iocs", "attrib" and "datacs" for the names?

Ian.

--
Ian Campbell, Senior Design Engineer
Web: http://www.arcom.com

The message in this transmission is sent in confidence for the attention of the addressee only and should not be disclosed to any other party. Unauthorised recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality. Please advise the sender if the addressee is not resident at the receiving end. Email to and from Arcom is automatically monitored for operational and lawful business reasons.

This message has been virus scanned by MessageLabs.