Re: LSM hook addition?

From: Chris Wright
Date: Mon Jan 24 2005 - 01:40:01 EST

* John Richard Moser (nigelenki@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Can someone point me to documentation or give me a small patch to add an
> LSM hook to kernel 2.6.10 in fs/namei.c at line 1986:
>
> new_dentry = lookup_create(&nd, 0);
> error = PTR_ERR(new_dentry);
> if (!IS_ERR(new_dentry)) {
> error = security_inode_make_hardlink(old_nd); // ADD
> error = vfs_link(old_nd.dentry, nd.dentry->d_inode,
> new_dentry);

It's already there. Look at the code in vfs_link. The security_inode_link
hook is documented in include/linux/security.h. And the restrictive policy
you're referring to is already codified in the owlsm module. See the
do_owlsm_link() function here (code's a bit old, but basic idea is still
relevant):

http://lsm.bkbits.net:8080/lsm-2.6/anno/security/owlsm.h@xxx?nav=index.html|src/|src/security

thanks,
-chris