Re: Supermount / ivman

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Sat Jan 22 2005 - 22:33:45 EST

Gustavo Guillermo Perez wrote:
Cause I play with old toys, (floppys) and ivman doesn't work properly on the lastest gentoo with floppys, I retouch for a while the supermount patch from sourceforge for kernel 2.6.11-rc1.

I'm a n00b on kernel, I do this only for general purposes helping some friends, I know supermount should not be used, and is not mantained, I've tested it just only for IDE/ATAPI CD/DVD and floppys.

Cause Supermount seems to be a filesystem I replace vfs_permission by generic_permission instead of permission as I read on the lkml. Other stuffs too in scsi section (I don't have scsi hardware).

If Help someone else:

http://www.compunauta.com/forums/linux/instalarlinux/supermount_en.html

I've been silently maintaining it offlist. No real development but keeping it in sync and fixing obvious bugs that show up that I can fix.

Here's a patch for 2.6.10-ck5 (should apply fairly cleanly to 2.6.10):
http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/2.6/2.6.10/2.6.10-ck5/patches/supermount-ng208-10ck5.diff

and for 2.6.11-rc1
http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/2.6/2.6.11-rc1/patches/supermount-ng208-2611rc1.diff

Cheers,