Re: device-mapper: fix TB stripe data corruption

From: Alasdair G Kergon
Date: Sat Jan 22 2005 - 17:37:32 EST

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 03:57:38PM -0600, Kevin Corry wrote:
> On Friday 21 January 2005 3:20 pm, Roland Dreier wrote:
> > If I understand you correctly, do_div() (defined in <asm/div64.h>)

I went for the simplest and safest fix first as this is a data
corruption problem and I want assurance that this fixes device-mapper
striping.

I didn't want to change it to do_div() without first checking
it would not slow down the code on the main architectures: on the contrary
I would hope that use of an optimised library inline speeds it up, but
want to be sure. You don't need the 64-bit mod until you have hundreds
of TB in a single logical volume block device, filesystem...

So far, I've only seen two test reports, both of which say they
are still seeing data corruption in a filesystem on top of dm-stripe
after applying this patch. But none of this information so far
is specific enough to say whether the remaining problem(s) is/are
in device-mapper.

Alasdair
--
agk@xxxxxxxxxx