Kernel Panic in pipe_poll

From: Jeff . Fellin
Date: Wed Jan 19 2005 - 13:56:56 EST

I have two questions:
1) I have tried to find buglists for version of Linux after 2.4.18, and
have been unable to locate any. Can someone supply me a URL
to find the bug list archives?

2) I am running a 2.4.18 Linux kernel on a Power PC 405GP processor. The
application makes extensive use of named pipes
for communication between processes. Occassionally, the system panics in
pipe_poll when getting the inode pointer
from the file pointer at the statement: filp->f_dentry->d_inode;. The
value of f_dentry is NULL, along with the value of vfsmnt.
This looks as if the code had called fput(filp) when the reference count
was 1 so the struct file* had entries cleared. However,
by adding some printk's, I have observed the value of f_count, is 1 so
the pointers should be valid.
The kernel panic is an Oops of dereferencing a NULL pointer.

Has this problem been seen before?
If so, could you point me to information on how the problem was
corrected or which Linux release the problem is fixed in.
If no one has seen this problem any ideas on how to determine how
these fields get NULL'ed would be appreciated.

Jeff Fellin
RFL Electronics
Jeff.Fellin@xxxxxxxxxxxx
973 334-3100, x 327