Re: 2.4: "access beyond end of device" after ext2 mount

From: Sytse Wielinga
Date: Tue Jan 18 2005 - 11:14:38 EST

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 04:55:34PM +0100, I wrote:
> multiples of the block size. The 2.6 kernel does not have this problem; it
> appears to accept partial blocks, and doesn't even appear to calculate the
> device size (blockdev --getsz and --getsize return 0 on my machine.)
Please disregard the second half of that sentence; when I ran blockdev --getsz,
I had deleted my loop device already. The device size still reads 20002 sectors
in 2.6. This doesn't change anything though, since the last two sectors of the
device, or the first two sectors of the last block, are still usable in 2.6 and
not in 2.4.

Sytse