Re: MMC Driver RFC

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Mon Jan 17 2005 - 07:00:37 EST

Richard Purdie wrote:

Pierre Ossman:

I, personally, would really like to see SD support included in the main kernel. But I can also fully understand if that's not currently possible.

I think the way forward is for someone to propose a patch. Your code sounds the most advanced but Ian or myself may be prepared to propose something if you don't want to. A decision can then be made about whether it can be accepted. There have been no objections raised so far - just words of caution.

I have no problem with proposing my patch. The reason I've been waiting is that I got information from Jim Getttys (of HP) that the SD spec. would be made public very soon. So I was waiting for it to be released so that we could avoid the legal discussion completely. This was in october though and I haven't been able to reach him for an update. So perhaps it's time to try a submission notetheless.

What is Russell's position on this issue? After all the MMC layer is his baby ;)

Rgds
Pierre