Re: MMC Driver RFC

From: Ian Molton
Date: Sun Jan 16 2005 - 08:22:03 EST

Pierre Ossman wrote:
Ian Molton wrote:

Afraid everything gets routed to the same account in the end anyway. I checked the logs and the problem is that your mail server has a HELO that differs from its IP

I've sent mail to my ISP re that. cheers.

I've had the same idea. But I think it will be difficult since we need som funky logic during init. Perhaps a model where each mode (MMC/SD/SDIO) each gets their turn trying to find something on the bus.

Might be worth the effort. I'll need to think on it.

But this would require a rather large rewrite of the MMC layer.

Im not sure it'd be so catastrophic.

Mind you, I have plans to look at SDIO, so that may alter things...

I need it to determine if the code should send an RCA or ask for one, and to determine if it should try and read the SCR. Your solution used an extra parameter but I thought a mode flag would be better since we might need to know mode later on (after init.).

Fair enough.

The toshiba controller appears to want to be told when an ACMD is issued, compared to a normal CMD.

No hints in the spec about why?

What spec? ;-)

> Seems very strange since there's no change in what goes over the wire.

I think the controller (for some odd reason) keeps some extra internal state.