Re: 2.6.11-rc1-mm1

From: Karim Yaghmour
Date: Fri Jan 14 2005 - 23:19:42 EST

Tim Bird wrote:
> Some of these options (e.g. bufsize) are available to the user
> via tracedaemon. I can honestly say I haven't got a clue what
> to use for some of them, and so always leave them at defaults.

Yes, but those defaults were chosen by a person who understood the
kernel part's use of the buffer space, right? Presumably if you
are writing your own relayfs client you know what type of
throughput to expect and what size you'd like your buffers to
be (bufsize and nbufs), so you need to be able to set this somehow
and it only seems right that this be done upon instantiation.

> Could these be simplified to a few enumerated modes?

I don't see how. Do you have actual examples?

As for the other fields, please see my response to Roman.

Karim
--
Author, Speaker, Developer, Consultant
Pushing Embedded and Real-Time Linux Systems Beyond the Limits