Re: disabling VESAFB no longer locks up VT (was Re: 2.4.10-r1 MTRRbug)

From: Steve
Date: Fri Jan 14 2005 - 19:48:17 EST

Daniel Drake wrote:

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Morton wrote:

Steve <s.egbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For the Athlon 2100, I get the following outputs and then the VGA console is frozen from further output (but it doesn't prevent the full bootup into X windows session of which I am able to resume normal Linux/X session, but not able to regain any virtual console session.)

hm. Not sure what could have caused that.

This may be a problem in Gentoo's kernels, we offer an experimental version of vesafb...

Disabling the VESAFB resulted in regaining control of the VTs (virtual terminals).