Re: [patch 02/11] uml: fix compilation for missing headers

From: Jeff Dike
Date: Fri Jan 14 2005 - 12:03:07 EST

blaisorblade_spam@xxxxxxxx said:
> If you think it cannot make sense to include both <sys/ptrace.h> and
> <linux/ptrace.h> (as userspace process, i.e. host includes), go
> complaining with glibc, or follow the linux-abi includes idea.

> However, the compilation failure is possibly glibc-version (or better
> glibc includes version) related - what I now is that the failure
> happens on my system with a glibc 2.3.4 (from Gentoo).

> Also, remove some syscalls from the syscall table, since some syscalls
> were added which are only inside -mm currently, and this prevents
> currently compilation.

Hold off on this one. I have different fixes for this in my tree.

The system ptrace headers (asm/ptrace.h, sys/ptrace.h, linux/ptrace.h) have
varying effects, depending on distro and architecture. So, I decided to put
sysdep/ptrace_user.h in charge of supplying the system ptrace information to
the rest of UML. This has some ripple effects which I am in the process of
sorting out.

On the system calls, I have them indef-ed depending on whether one of the
__NR_vperf symbols are defined. This will go away when the entry points
are in both -mm and -linus.

Jeff