Re: 2.6.10 dies when X tries to initialize PCI radeon 9200 SE

From: David Lang
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 21:22:11 EST

I ran into a similar problem with 2.6.8.1 and found that by downgrading to AGP4 I could get it to work.

DAvid Lang

Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 06:00:40 -0500
From: John covici <covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Helge Hafting <helge.hafting@xxxxxxx>
Subject: 2.6.10 dies when X tries to initialize PCI radeon 9200 SE

I am getting something similar -- the X process gets stuck in some
kind of system call, but I can login from the network and shut the
system down, but I cannot change the console from the X to a text
console.

on Thursday 01/13/2005 Helge Hafting(helge.hafting@xxxxxxx) wrote
> 2.6.10 boots fine, but is killed by the X server when it
> tries to initialize my PCI radeon 9200 SE. This problem exists
> in 2.6.9 too, but not in 2.6.8.1. So I'm stuck with that version currently.
>
> The problem seems to be access to the card bios, X uses
> int10 bios calls to initialize the card.
>
> Helge Hafting
> -

John Covici
covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx