Re: 2.6.10-as1

From: Felipe Alfaro Solana
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 14:02:28 EST

On 13 Jan 2005, at 21:11, Daniel Drake wrote:

Hi,

Andres Salomon wrote:
I'm announcing a new kernel tree; -as. The goal of this tree is to form
a stable base for vendors/distributors to use for their kernels. In
order to do this, I intend to include only security fixes and obvious
bugfixes, from various sources. I do not intend to include driver
updates, large subsystem fixes, cleanups, and so on. Basically, this is
what I'd want 2.6.10.1 to contain.

After all of the recent discussion it's nice to see someone step up and do this :)
Thanks a lot, I'm sure I will find it useful when producing gentoo's kernel packages..

Will this release get enough exposure? I mean, will this patchset will get published in www.kernel.org?