Re: [BK] TUN/TAP driver update and fixes for 2.6.BK

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 19:19:09 EST

Max Krasnyansky wrote:
Dave, Andrew,

Could one of you please pull TUN/TAP driver updates from my tree
bk://maxk.bkbits.net/tun-2.6

This will update the following files:

drivers/net/Kconfig | 1
drivers/net/tun.c | 145 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
include/linux/if_tun.h | 2

Non-technical comments:

1) Please send drivers/net patches to me and netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx

2) Consider using the bk-make-sum script (in Documentation/BK-usage/) to generate your summary. This will add a "bk pull " prefix to your BK url particularly, making it even easier to cut-n-paste.

3) Please include a patch in your submission so that list readers may review your changes, not just the BK users.

Technical comments:

1) Accepted, I pulled it into my netdev-2.6 queue

2) in your implementation of tun_get_drvinfo(), it may be nice to include the tun/tap interface number in info->bus_info, to differentiate between multiple tun interfaces or multiple tap interfaces.

3) You might consider moving tun_set_msglevel() completely inside TUN_DEBUG ifdef.

4) use of MODULE_VERSION() is recommended